« Home | i give you permission to slap me if i change blog ... »

every poly student will face the current dilemma i am currently in.

the inevitable question arise when students are supposed to go for attachment:
should i go for OIAP (Overseas Industrial Attachment Programme), IAP (Industrial Attachment Programme) or IBP (Industry-Based Project)?

a brief intro to the three schemes...

OIAP (self-secured or not) - as stated, it is overseas attachment. the confirmed list of companies NP has secured is not released yet so i am still keeping my options open for this particular choice. so far, mr bangras has announced three countries: thailand, china and india. initially, i wanted to go japan but it is seriously damn freaking expensive! so i'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that taiwan or hongkong will pop out in the list soon enough (lazy to find my own lahhhhh).

PROS: 5 months away from home
CONS: 5 months away from home

IAP (definitely self-secured) - i've looked through the companies and nothing appealed to me. zip, zilch, nada. c'mon. would you want to work for a company named "XXX STUDIOS PTE. LTD." no offence to the company, but i'm sorry. your name is not going to look good on my resume when i apply for jobs next time. i simply cannot bear to say that i worked at XXX studios during my attachment to my further employer. unexpectedly, RGS is on the list!!! woohoo!! but... what are the chances of me getting that lah? and so far, i'm only interested in working for two companies which i plan to apply to for my internship. got a feeling they are gonna reject me but no harm trying anyway. honestly, must see the job scope first lah. haha.

PROS: industrial experience but got money!
CONS: i dont want to end up being a coffeeboy. though it means that i do nothing and get paid, hey, i wanna learn something.

IBP - the one that i never will consider before today's briefing. but hey, after going through the briefing, i seriously wouldn't mind doing pr/advert/marcom for trimedia. the no pay's a bitch but hey, the experience is honestly gonna be much more valuable than stapling papers.

PROS: you get to live your passion for 5 months.
CONS: you stay in school.

but luckily i know what areas of interest to pursue!
1.) PR
2.) Marketing
3.) Advertising
4.) Journalism
5.) Web Design

sorry shu, i really dont wanna go pakistan and work with ahsan.

About



こにちは。わたしはアオチュンウェイです。おげんきですか。

ngee ann mass comm student. nobody special, really. but just not your everyday kinda guy. i think sleep is underrated and that's why if you don't sleep enough, i will do it for you. you can contact me at anti-clock.wise@hotmail.com. the acronym of my email is that of my initials. hah! betcha' didn't know that.